I’m Isaac Blake (blakeearth). I am excited to work with a team that develops high-quality, maintainable software to surpass expectations. I enjoy thinking about how to communicate complex topics, so I have been fortunate to serve as a peer tutor of object-oriented programming concepts, where I designed and presented tailored lesson plans during the ongoing pandemic. In addition to creating and teaching several online game development classes with over 1,500 students, I am currently working on a gamified productivity tool called Slumber Party, which has become a year-long thesis project at New College of Florida.
Innkeeper Games Mar 2020 - Present
- Designed and developed 3 prototypes for Slumber Party, a social, gamified accountability tool using Angular, Kontra, and the Godot Game Engine.
- Ran user tests and iterated on the software.
(Student) Project Manager
Crossword Poetry™ Mar 2020 - May 2020
- Led a team of 4 students to create an interactive software puzzle for a client over part of a semester in Angular.
- Met regularly with the client, often acting as a liaison between the client and the group.
(Student) Game Programmer
Orpheus Project, New College of Florida October 2019 - December 2019
- Created a short narrative game with a custom dialogue system and platforming mechanics with a team of 4 students.
Game Programming Teacher
Aug 2018 - Present
- Created online video classes on game programming and design taken by over 1,500 enrolled students.
- Provided feedback on student game designs and code.
New College of Florida Mar 2020 – May 2020
- Designed and presented tailored lesson plans to a student during the ongoing pandemic.
- Provided feedback on code and reviewed past assignments and labs.
Pioneer Florida Museum & Village Jan 2012 – May 2018
- Researched and wrote plaques for a new collection of hundreds of donated tools.
- Created an experimental website to engage young people.
- Maintained collections of artifacts.
- Supervised children at events.
- Sold tickets at events.